Treating yourself to some sweets can make you feel better and give you your much-needed energy boost. However, regular white sugar can increase your risk of different diseases. Fortunately, you can still indulge in delightful desserts while maintaining a healthy and balanced diet. You can do this by switching to organic coconut sugar.
What Is Coconut Sugar?
Coconut sugar is a natural sweetener sourced from the sap of coconut palm flowers. It has a unique caramel color and flavor that can boost the taste of any dish. To make this, there is a three-step process involved: extract, evaporate, and dehydrate.
First, the flower of the coconut palm is cut with its liquid sap collected. This sap is then evaporated completely to eliminate the water content. The residue left behind becomes coconut sugar.
Is Coconut Sugar Healthy?
Coconut sugar is considered a healthier option than white sugar for several reasons. Unlike the regular sweetener, this organic option contains the following:
- Vitamin C: The average adult is supposed to get a daily amount of 65-90 milligrams of vitamin C to effectively boost the immune system.
- Antioxidants: Cells in your body can get damaged due to free radicals. Thankfully, this can be prevented or reduced by antioxidants.
- Electrolytes: Coconut sugar is packed with natural electrolytes, such as magnesium, potassium, and sodium that regulate your body’s water content.
- Nitrogen: Adding coconut sugar to your diet is beneficial for your cardiovascular system as it has some traces of nitrogen.
- Minerals: You can get the minerals your body needs by switching to coconut sugar that contains zinc, iron, and calcium.
- Short-Chain Fatty Acids: These are healthy fats that protect against high cholesterol and prevent different diseases, including type 2 diabetes, heart disease, and obesity. Additionally, they are the main source of nutrition for your colon.
What Are the Health Benefits of Coconut Sugar?
Besides the greater nutritional value your body receives, switching from white sugar to coconut sugar offers different health benefits. These include:
Low Glycemic Index and Less Sucrose Content
Satisfying your craving for sweets can uplift your mood, but having too much sugar can increase your risk of health conditions. The good news is that you can still enjoy desserts, smoothies, and other kinds of sweets as long as you use coconut sugar. Compared to white sugar, it has a low level of glycemic index, which means it has a less dramatic impact on your blood sugar levels.
Less Sucrose Consumption
Table sugar is considered pure sucrose, while coconut sugar only has 70-80 percent. This organic sweetener also has fiber and other nutrients to sweeten the deal. As you consume the same amount of sugar, you are increasing your nutrient intake when you use coconut sugar.
Provides a Better Alternative For Diabetic Patients
People with diabetes have to be extra careful about their sugar intake to decrease the risk of blood sugar spikes. Thankfully, coconut sugar has inulin that prevents a significant blood sugar level spike in the body.
In the world of sweeteners, coconut sugar can be a good replacement for your regular store-bought option. But just like any other sugar, you should use it in moderation and consider its amount in calories and carbohydrates. This is why it’;s important to compare brands and purchase only from credible vendors.
Source your organic coconut sugar only from Ceylon Exports & Trading. We have a tree-to-table approach, which makes us the best organic coconut product supplier and exporter. Contact us to order a sample or schedule a free coconut consultation!