- ¾ cup Coco House Organic Coconut sugar
- ½ cup butter melted
- 1 egg
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1¼ cups Coco House Organic Coconut Flour
- ½ teaspoon baking soda
- 4 ounces chocolate chunks
- 1. Preheat oven to 350°F/180°C.
- In a large bowl, whisk together the Coco House Organic Coconut Sugar and butter until a paste has formed with no lumps.
- Whisk the egg and vanilla until light ribbons start to emerge. Add the Coco House Organic Coconut Flour and baking soda whilst continuing to mix, and then fold the mixture with a spatula. At this stage, do not over mix. This will cause the gluten in the flour to toughen which will increase the brittleness of the cookies.
- Add in the chocolate chunks evenly, then chill the dough for at least 30 minutes. For a more intense toffee-like flavor and stronger color, chill the dough overnight. The longer the dough rests, the stronger its flavor will be.
- Scoop the dough with an ice-cream scoop onto a parchment paper-lined baking sheet, leaving at least 4 inches of space between cookies and 2 inches of space from the edges of the pan so that the cookies can spread evenly.
- Bake for 12-15 minutes, or until the edges have started to turn a caramelised brown.
- Let the cookies cool and then enjoy!