- 3 cups unsweetened shredded coconut
- 1/4 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 2 tablespoon maple syrup
- 1/2 tablespoon Coco House Organic Coconut Sugar
- 1/2 tablespoon Coco House Organic Extra Virgin Coconut Oil
- 1/2 cup dairy-free dark chocolate (chopped)
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F (176 C) and apply a light coating of butter on a baking sheet.
- Add the unsweetened shredded coconut to a high-speed blender, scraping down the sides as required, until the mixture has a dough-like texture. If you blended for too long, add some more unsweetened shredded coconut and the mixture should firm back up.
- Add maple syrup, vanilla and coconut sugar and blend once more.
- Using a tablespoon, scoop out enough of the mixture to fit inside the spoon and squeeze the mouth of the spoon firmly with your hands to get an even shaped design. Then, use your fingers to slide it out into the shape of a half circle. Gently lay it on a baking sheet.
- Brush the top of the macaroons lightly with coconut oil and sprinkle some shredded coconut on top. Bake for 8-10 minutes or until the bottom edges are golden brown. Then, set them aside for cooling.
- While the macaroons are cooling, melt the chocolate in a microwave for 30 seconds.
- Once cooled, pick up the macaroons and dip them into the chocolate. Allow the chocolate to come up over the edges. Be gentle as the macaroons can be fragile. Wipe away any excess chocolate with a spoon.
- Place macaroons on a parchment-lined plate and repeat until all the macaroons are coated. Let them set.
- Once set, peel away the macaroons from the parchment paper and transfer them to a serving plate. Will stay fresh at room temperature for several days or in the freezer for several weeks.